Applications to Spirit Walkers
Want to join Spirit Walkers? Please register and post your application here
Tarrant
Member of RK Shadows or Spirit Walkers: Yes
In-Game Name: Tarrant
Shadowlands: All Expansions

Tarrant

Postby Tarrant » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:12 pm

I'm already a member, but I figured it'd be polite to go ahead and do one of these as well. As such ...

1. What is it that brought you to our forums, or has caused you interest in joining our org?

The #anarchyonline irc channel suggested that I speak to Xira about joining, when I asked for their opinions as to which neutral orgs to join on RK1.

2. If someone is recruiting you and has sent you here, please list there in-game name. (Have you teamed/chatted with anyone from the org)

Xira.

3. How long have you been playing Anarchy Online and how long as a Neutral?

I've been playing since 2005, off and on. My last time playing was in early 2010; so about two years ago. I tend to play in two-year chunks. I've been Neutral on all of my characters.

4. Is this your first Neutral character? Have you belonged to a Neutral Org in the past? If you have just left or are planning to leave your current org to join Spirit Walkers, please explain why.

This isn't my first Neutral character. I have belonged to other Neutral organizations on RK2 (which is the dimension I played on last I played); I had left because I got bored with the game and needed to take a break. Took me a while to come back.

I don't imagine the org still exists, but even if it did I wouldn't know as I don't remember what the name was. :blushes: I have this bad habit of deleting my characters when I quit playing a game; something I've been trying to break myself of.

5. Please list your alts, level and alignment.

At present?

I've created a doctor (Tarrant, my general-use character, aka 'main' characters), a bureaucrat (to play in a duo with my wife's adventurer) and a third character (to play in a group with my wife and my kids). They are all below level 10, neutral and the only one in an org is Tarrant (who is in Spirit Walkers).

I expect that I'll end up creating a number of alts over time, for general use or for specific purposes. I think a froob trader up to 25 and parked in the trader shop is going to be my first goal-specific character. Credits are good!

6. What is your in-game char name(s) that you are wanting recruitment on?

Already recruited.

7. Are you a froob (free player/newbie), Sloob or full paid player and what expansions do you have also do you have more than one account?

Four paid accounts with full access and a number of froob accounts spread between my family members. I have one paid, my wife has one paid, my sons share two paid. We've been slowly creating froob accounts for ourselves and the boys whenever we think of a use for another one.

8. While we do not discriminate against age, sex, creed, color or any other real life qualities, and we are a 'family' orientated guild, we do try to limit 'adult' talk in the main chat, though as with any situation, sometimes things don't always work out that way, in which case I do ask your age.. it will not have any effect on whether or not you are recruited.

I was born in RK4 on the 23rd of August in the year of 1977. 'm old. Heh.

9. While we are not an 'RP Org' we do at times participate in the events sponsored by the ARKs and even player sponsored ones, on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being very interested, 1 being none at all.. how much does role-playing matter to you and do you prefer to remain 'in character' (addressed only by your IG name and sticking with the story-line and the like) at all times?

Um.

4?

I prefer light to medium roleplay, don't always roleplay and never insist on others roleplaying even when I am. Very much a 'in the proper time, in the proper place' kinda thing for me.

10. Have you read, and do you understand, and agree with the Spirit Walkers/RK Shadows Guild Code of Conduct?

Yes.

11. We have many players from all over the world, and do try to schedule raids, events, meetings and the like so all can participate, though it is difficult at times we try our best.. Please give us your time zone and location, and while we do have many people from all over the globe, we are an English (in main chat) guild.. do you speak and understand English enough to feel comfortable in that language environment?

Time Zone: GMT -7, Mountain Standard Time.

And, yes, I'm fluent and comfortable with English, though I'm more comfortable with American and Canadian English than I am with British English simply because I have had less exposure to British English than I have the other two. Dialects are fun!

12. Are you a casual (only on the weekends type of gamer) or a hard core (you'll see me all the time) type of player?

I'm time-rich. Being disabled does that to you. Depending on what else is going on in RK4, I expect to throw between eight and twelve hours a day at the game. I'm easily distracted though ...

13. Spirit Walkers is a Neutral Org, though some players have sided alt toons, the organization as a whole and the org chat are geared toward the Neutral agenda. Pro-sided, slams against specific sides and disrespect to the Neutral agenda are highly frowned upon. Spirit Walkers also maintains a "Drama Free" org chat. Are you able to abide by these guidelines?

Certainly.

14. What is it, if anything, you hope to achieve from joining the Spirit Walkers.. is there anything in particular that appealed to you?

What do I want from an organization? People to chat with, to ask questions of and maybe play with. I'm comfortable solo'ing, but I also enjoy socializing via chat and teams and whatnot.

This may evolve over time as I get back into the game and figure out what I'm doing again; but thats' the basics of what I want out of other peoples.

15. Is there anything special you would like to say about yourself or what it was that brought you to the attention of the SW? Do you have any special qualities you think the org as a whole could benefit from such as TS'ing, experienced/old-school player.. twinker extroardinare? (This won't judge on whether or not you are recruited, just nice to know something special about each new (and old) members :))

Let me list the ways ... hehe

Um.

I don't know what to put here, actually. I am an amateur programmer, I've ran websites, I've done officer-level work for guilds in various games over the years, I'm currently messing about with learning C# and bot# to make a census-style botnet (and eventually a website to display said information) ...

I'm rather chatty?

I'll probably think of other things to put here as time goes on, but that should be good enough for the moment.

Xira
President
Member of RK Shadows or Spirit Walkers: Yes
Shadowlands: All Expansions

Re: Tarrant

Postby Xira » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:17 pm

Welcome! :)
If I could I'd wish it all away, if I thought tomorrow would take you away. You, my peace of mind, my all, my center, just trying to hold on one more day.

Ndure
Past President Extraordinaire

Re: Tarrant

Postby Ndure » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:21 pm

Welcome Tarrant! I hope you find a great home here in Spirit Walkers/RkShadows. It has been the greatest place I have found on the whole of Rubi Ka! :)
Let the deed show.

Return to “Spirit Walkers Applicatons”