Social Clothing/ AI clothing

Guides to survive your time in-game written by our members are in this forum
Xira
President
Member of RK Shadows or Spirit Walkers: Yes
Shadowlands: All Expansions

Social Clothing/ AI clothing

Postby Xira » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:02 pm

I'll start this off with my favorite quest.... The Social Clothing Quests!!!
The pieces needed to create your own clothing (Wearable only by those with AI expansion, but quest is available for all (each finished piece of basic clothing sells from .5 to 3 million credits)) list as the following:
Light Bio Mesh - Used for making gloves and sleeves
Regulated Light Bio Mesh - Used for making cloaks and headwear (Requires use of Body Heat Pattern Analyzer)
Heavy Bio Mesh - Used for making boots
Regulated Heavy Bio Mesh - Used for making vests and legs (Requires use of Body Heat Pattern Analyzer)
Anti-Perspiring Padding - Used for making sleeves
Sensitive Cybernetic Fingertips - Used for creating gloves
Hair Care Contraption - Used for creating hats and headwear.
Transparent Thermostatic Vest - Used for creating vests and cloaks.
Antiseptic Protector - Used for creating leg wear ("This biomechanical cover protects your crotch and lower abdomen.")
Multi-Grip Cybernetic Soles - Used for creating boots and shoes.
Body Heat Pattern Analyzer - Used on Bio Mesh to Regulate the piece. Combine the Mesh with the other pieces to create certain articles of clothing. Some pieces don't need to be analized.

They way to aquire all these materials is to do a series of easy (*sometimes long and boring*) quests. To get the Biomesh talk to "Master Divenchy" He is at the crashsite in Newland at 900 x 860. He will ask if you want the Light or Heavy biomesh. To get the light biomesh all you have to do is tag 2 Igruanas and 1 Mornitor with a Meta Roentgen Scanner(which he gives to you) *recently the Igruanas have been trixy to find* but usually they stay in the areas just south of his position. Once you tag the lizards, return to him and you will be rewarded with the Light Biomesh.
For the Heavy Biomesh, the quest is very similar to the one for the Light Biomesh, but this time you have to tag 3 Igruanas and 3 Mornitor. Once completed, return to Divenchy for the reward of nice Heavy Biomesh.

The quest for the Body Heat Pattern Analyzer is a annoying (but easy if you know what to do) task. First you need to talk to Investigator Marciello who is right by the grid exit in Meetmedere. Ask if you can help him (after a little chit-chat) with the murder investigation and he will give you a Marciello's ID Scanner, but you need to do a little tradeskilling to get the contract that you need to start to investigate the murder. To do this you must combine an ID-extractor and Expendable Hologram Camera to get your ID data. once you combine the ID data to the contract it will become 'signed'. return the contract to him and he will give you the quest. First, speak to the Good Time's Party Mixer at Neuters 'r Us, to find the gender of the suspect. The Inspector then gives you the clues that the person is wearing red and was drinking whiskey. The bartender at Neuter's 'r Us gives you a list of four people that were drinking whiskey. Misa Ramirez is in the side room by the door and she tells you who was wearing red. You now have one female and one male who wore red and drank whiskey. Remember, The party mixer will tell you which gender the murderer is.
Find the Murderer and, in chat, give he/she the tagging device. well done, now all you need to do is return to the inspector to finish. once you do, he will give you the Body Heat Pattern Analyzer.

Moving on now... here are what the NPCs give you if you help them out

Herbalist Gerard - 2800x1670, NLD - Gives you extract of Extract of Bodum-Minor. Give him 1000 credits and he will give you Extract of Bodum-Minor. Take the extract back to Master Divenchy and he will turn it into Anti-Perspiring Padding for you.

Penelope - 790x2310, NLD - Gives you Multi-Grip Cybernetic Soles. she will give you a Letter to give to Gilbert (below) give him the letter and he will reward you with Boots For Penelope. Give the boots to Penelope and she will give you the Multi-Grip Cybernetic Soles.

Gilbert - 3110x550, NLD - Gives you mission for Sensitive Cybernetic Fingertips. In chat, he drops his book. Give it back to him and he will give you a Letter that you bring to the bartender in Neuters R Us. Once you give the letter to the bartender, the Booze-dude aka Bartender will reward you with a barstool(funriture) Return to gilbert and he will give you a mission for the Sensitive Cybernetic Fingertips. The mission is to find this machine thingy and enter a code to it. The number combination is 42 or 4-2 (same thing)For the color combination, talk to Penelope and Inspector Marciello. Just dont let them know what your asking for. The color combination changes each time you do the mission. once you get to the location of the mission, look for the White machine thingy. open chat with it and give it the code. it will show you a list of items and you must select Sensitive Cybernetic Fingertips. Once you do so, activate the Fingertips. If you dont, you will have to start all over... :cry: use the fingers on the white machine thingy and you will get them.

Fritz - Neuters ???R Us, Newland City - Gives you Hair Care Contraption. Give Fritz some Blue Boots and he gives you the Hair Care Contraption. You buy the boots from a regular clothing store. Get the boots to him and he will give you the Hair Care Contraption.

Mary-Ann -1440x380, Newland - Gives you Transparent Thermostatic Vest. You probobly wonder what the little leet named Brb is doing at the whoom-pahs in Newland... well he is lost and Mary Ann is his owner. She is a mess when you talk to her, crying, sobbing, just upset over her lost friend. Ask if you can help her find her Leet and tag him with a ID Chip. To get the chip, all you have to do is go talk to Maud Stevens who is near the fixer shop in Borealis. If you give her 15k she will give you the ID chip. If you are just too lazy to give her 15k all you need to do is findand tag, in this order, a Pinner Scorpid, a Tingler Scorpid, and a Twinger Scorpid. Get the ID chip and talk to Brb. He doesnt say much but leet insults and mumbles but he is a genious inside (I just Feel it!). Give him the ID chip and return to Mary Ann. she will be overcome with joy and ask what she should reward you with. tell her you were interested in her vests and she will give one to you for *free* (if you dont consider time valuable).

Simon Stark - 1150x1750, Newland Desert - Gives you Antiseptic Protector. He wants his pills back. so talk to Ethel Anthony who is next to the whoom-pahs in Newland desert. She will try to talk you into getting simon to apologise, but he wont so just keep asking for the pills. She tells you that her friend Filthy Luca has them. You will get a 'kill target' mission. once you kill Filthy you find the pills on his corpse (loot) return them to simon for the Antiseptic Protector aka 'used crotch guard' Ewww....

Inspector Marciello - Grid exit MMD - Gives you Body Heat Pattern Analyzer. Do I need to go over this again?

well did I miss anything? :D
If I could I'd wish it all away, if I thought tomorrow would take you away. You, my peace of mind, my all, my center, just trying to hold on one more day.

Manetic09

Awsome AI clothing quest guide:)

Postby Manetic09 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:04 am

Love the guide Xir! Keep up the great work!x2 :D

enigma
Ma Hen
In-Game Name: Enigmatia
Shadowlands: Froob

REPOST on my add-on to Xira's Clothing Guide -:p

Postby enigma » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:30 am

For those of you that know me, y'all know I do these quests to make money, make social clothing for friends/events and whatnot as well as to just kill time... So I'll offer a couple of tips that make it a bit easier, quicker and more efficient if you plan to do this multiple times... here goes;

1) The Dreaded Lizards (a.k.a: tagging the Irguanas and Mornitors for the mesh) - I usually do this in mass quantities because I do so much.. so for those of you that can, A) mezz, B) calm or C) charm.. this will be a breeze, and for those of you that can't, befriend someone that can or bribe them with pie from eli's stash >.>. The Irguana's and Mornitors can almost always be found opposite side of Newland lake near the Bronto Burger.. just gotta do a lot of tabbing till you locate one or the other. Sometimes you'll luck out and find them close to the crash site and Divinchi himself *yay for simplicity*. Anyways.. Calm/Charm/Mezz one of each after getting your mission to tag. I usually parrot but using a yalm works too, if you have to fly across the lake. If you are lucky enough to have Calmed the lizards, just 1, 2, 3 tag.... or 4, 5 and 6 tag (if you're doing the heavy biomesh) then back to Divinchi to turn in the Scanner for your biomesh, grab another mission for the mesh of your choice and fly back to your calmed lizards.. mass production FTW. (Just don't forget to recalm them or they'll wander quickly and you get to hunt them down again =P)

2) Mary Ann, BRB & Maud - After getting the mission to go find Maud (who is right outside the gate of the fixer shop) for the I.D. Chip to tag BRB... instead of doing this whole rigmarole 20x... you can actually get more than 1 I.D. Chip at a time.. Find Maud, open chat with her and keep hitting the 'Give Item' button, give her 10k (10,000) hit okay, she'll give you the Chip, close dialog, reopen dialog, rinse and repeat... I don't recommend doing this if you're on a limited budget though lol, 10k per I.D. Chip x20... 200k.. so that's your choice, but it is a HUGE time saver for me. After buying how ever many I.D. Chips from Maud, fly back to the whompah to Newland, go through, open chat with BRB and give him the I.D. Chip, he'll wish you towards the light (or some such thing) and head on back to Mary Ann. Be sure to tell her you located him and not mention the thermostatic vest till AFTER she confirms she has him on her 'tracking device' or whatever it is she's locating him with :p otherwise that was a waste of time and 10k. If you're going to do it multiple times and you have your bag of I.D. Chips on you, just open dialog with Mary Ann again to go find BRB again and go tag BRB and back to Mary Ann.. no need to go back to Maud until you run out of I.D. Chips! Rah. (BTW -side note- noticed on Xira's Guide about the Scorpoid quest part and the 15k.. Maud CAN be talked down to 10k in her dialog.. and you can just keep pasting 10000 into her 'Give Item' box and she'll keep giving you as many Chips as you desire... the Scorpoid tagging quest is even more time consuming because unless you know where these mobs usually hang out, I've seen people on OOC for hours asking 'zomg wth do I find these #!%!% Scorpoids!!one1eleven - time saver: FTW)

3) Mr Fritz and his tenacious ways - This guy can be an annoying P.I.T.A (royal pain in the ass). Why? Well several people I know that have just started doing the quests are not getting the reward (Hair Care Contraption) because Fritz is giving them a different dialog than others.. I read somewhere, if this is your first time seeing Fritz, go talk to Divinchi first and ask him where to get the Hair Care Contraption, and he should say something about going to see Fritz (if my memory is correct) and that SHOULD solve that issue... however if it doesn't, do /petition 'bugged quest'. Also when doing this one, if you're doing mass quantities again.. the blue boots sometimes are a pain in the butt to locate, you don't find them in Miir, you'll find them in the clothing vendors in basic and fair trade stores, and sometimes in the tailor shops. I usually buy a bagful at a time (no I don't have to much time on my hands ><).. just easier that way for me, might be for you too so I'm suggesting it.. and they're not that expensive, and when your mission is complete Fritz also gives you a couple 100 creds as well as the Hair Care Contraption, so can't really lose there lol. Dialog with Fritz is a bit tedious because while the whole mission can be done standing in front of him, he requires you to go through the whole thing over and over... till ya wanna show him where he can put them blue boots -.- lol.

4) Quick lil side note on Gilbert's book and the trip to the bartender... when he drops his book and you pick it up to give to him.. if you r.click the book, the note with the passcode will fall out, and unless they've changed it since I last did the mission (before last patch) you can totally bypass the bartender mission unless you want the stool that is :p.

Anywho that's all I can think of offhand... otherwise good job Xira, and have fun everyone :)

-Rene
I may walk two steps behind you, fear not. I may be two steps ahead, fear not.
At times I may not be visible, especially in the darkest of hours
but whether you see me or not, need me or not
I am your shadow, a part of you, always there.
I'll stand with you to the end.

Facebook!

Dr.Sleepy
President
In-Game Name: Sleeepy/Castitas

Postby Dr.Sleepy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:06 pm

Oh my gosh that helped alot but i can honsetly say thats the most reading ive ever done out of school...actually in total i doubt ive even read that much in school :?

enigma
Ma Hen

^^

Postby enigma » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:09 pm

If it got ya to read, even for a quest.. then I feel like my half of the writing was worth it :)

<3 ya bro :p now go go go make clothes!

/polka :wink:

Facebook!

Smokex
In-Game Name: smokex

Postby Smokex » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:24 am

Heres another guide to this with pictures and such.

http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... nk=3&id=45

enigma
Ma Hen

Postby enigma » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:28 pm

Official Picture Thread of complete AI Social Clothing

There are pictures on Auno and AOU but this is the only post I have ever found that shown nearly all the completed sets of every piece of Maria's Fashions.

Edit; Forgot AOU had some other screenshots of the compete sets as well, also the actual name of the kits (if you prefer to build from scratch and not buy from the LE vendor)

AO Universe AI Social Clothing Pictures

Facebook!

Return to “Guides”